IS IT REALLY SELFISH TO MAKE YOURSELF A PRIORITY?
A blog post by: Alejandro Chabán
How can you define priority? I understand it as an activity that we must do first to be closer to our goal. But a lot of people think that giving priority to our personal activities, or simply to ourselves, is to be selfish. Nothing further from reality.
Never feel guilty for taking care of yourself. Doing it does not mean leaving others aside, but it allows you to become a better version of yourself.
- Make sure you have time for yourself, every day. It is easy to forget about our needs during the day. However, it is important to breathe and leave aside all the pressure.
- Forget about blaming yourself. You don’t have to explain any decision. You don’t have to justify yourself.
- In life, there are only three things you can control. What you think, what you say and what you do. Act by following your behaviors. Don’t let anyone influence yourself.
- If your needs are not a priority for you, they will not be for anybody. You must understand those needs and look for a way to satisfy them.
- Take the time to do those things that make you feel better about yourself. Exercise, read, and take care of your body.
When I became my priority new people came to my life. You will see that you are going to really attract what your life deserves.
When your priorities are clear, decisions become easier.