5 WAYS TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
A blog post by: Alejandro Chabán
We just have 24 hours a day, so making the most of it is essential. You can choose between spending more hours on a task or work smarter. If you ask me, I prefer productive work.
How you can achieve it?
- Evaluate your time. How many hours are you spending on your daily activities? Sometimes we think the time used on each task, is right. However, only 17% of people can accurately estimate it. Personally, I divide my day per hour. Since I wake until bedtime. All my meetings, emails, lunch, social networks or breaks are on my calendar.
- For every project select a due date. Yes, it can seem stressful! However, it is a great way to keep up the performance and focus to reach the goal.
- Apply the 5-minute rule. Ask yourself, can this task be done in two minutes or less? If the answer is YES, just do it. According to experts, completing the task immediately actually takes less time than doing it later.
- You have to rest! Take scheduled breaks. They will help you improve your focus. Research has shown that taking short breaks during long tasks improves the level of performance; while if you work without interruptions you can decrease the performance.
- Avoid Multitasking. What? Yes! We tend to think of the ability to multitask as an important skill to increase efficiency, but the truth is that it can reduce productivity. So, commit yourself to a single task before following with the next project.